Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Of Babies, Birthdays, & Blessings

Jerusha helping out at
diaper changing time
Adjusting to two children has gone surprisingly smoothly.
Jerusha loves little Eowyn and is happy watch me change diapers, outfits, feed, and burp her. Jerusha tries to be helpful and is always wanting to pat Eowyn or give her a head-lockish hug but I know she means it with love.
Last week was rough for me but not because of the girls; I'm sure it was simply post-partum hormones combined with Wesley's absence.
Wesley had to spend the week in Iowa, for work, which left emotional me home with our girls. I cried a lot, in fact, I may have cried more last week than I did through out the entire #babybumpthesecond pregnancy. Maybe?
Every time Jerusha would bring me her book titled "I Love My Daddy Because"; I cried, each meal time as I would pray for "daddy to be safe while he is away", as I folded and put away his laundry, and especially on Thursday as he was away on his birthday.
You may remember from last year that birthdays are special to me and how much I enjoy watching loved ones celebrated. Needless to say I was probably more sad and disappointed on missing his birthday than he was. I had planned in advance to make him a peanut butter pie, a newly discovered favorite of his, I had picked out and ordered his gifts what I was hoping to be far enough in advance and one had arrived; then Wesley was given his schedule and I realized I wouldn't even see him on his birthday :(
In the end his second gift arrived over the weekend and when Wesley headed out Monday morning he stopped to check the mail and ended up taking the package with him; so, he at least got to open a gift on his birthday.
birthday gifts: a new wallet
& watch
Friday he arrived home and opened his second gift but it was too hot to want to stay home in our little un-airconditioned house so we spent the evening at my parents. We filled up on pizza and had no room once home for peanut butter pie.
Saturday was sure to be a busy day with a graduation cake for me to decorate, two graduation open houses to attend, and a church softball game to be played (watched by me;)) so we had pie for breakfast :)




Things have been easier on me this week and hopefully they will continue to be. 
I can't possibly convey to you, my reader, the warm fuzziness that fills my heart as I watch Jerusha drop her toys and stand by Eowyn's bed at the slightest whimper from her sister. Or seeing Jerusha's face contort in empathy if Eowyn's cry becomes more insistent. It is going to be the greatest of blessings to watch my girls grow up, so close in age, and I pray close in heart. I long to see them grow close to God and to watch them serve Him, someday. 
I am absolutely in love with the life God is giving me. The husband who works hard to provide for my heart and spirit as well as our physical needs, he who is the daddy to my girls. I love attempting to care for the home He has blessed us with and know that I ought to be doing a better job of it. I am just thrilled with where God has put me and what He is filling my bubble with.
I hope you enjoy reading my little tid-bits about it.
~Haley
sweetly sleeping Eowyn 







No comments:

Post a Comment