Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Beautiful Bubble

I used to dream of doing big important things. I was going to go to Russia and save all the orphans, help the women who have fallen prey to the drug epidemic, marry a preacher, be a missionary, change the world: I was going to show the world Jesus in a big way. 

Instead I’m just a barefoot housewife.

I cook and clean and take care of babies all day; and I’ve never been so sure that I’m doing what I’ve been called to do than when I lose sleep to a nursing baby, when I clean fingerprints off the wall, when I wipe up an accident, when I fix plates of food, when I sit on the floor wasting time playing lego characters, when I discipline disobedience, when I make mistakes and have to seek my own children’s forgiveness. 

I’m where I’m meant to be and it’s such a comfort. 

To lay my newest snuggly blessing to bed for likely only a few hours worth of sleep, I am overwhelmed with peace and comfort of feeling perfectly at rest where He’s chosen to place me. 
(And oh so blessed to share this life with a really great husband and daddy.)
My Bubble is certainly Beautiful and it grows more and more so, with each soul we add to our family. 



1 comment: