Thursday, February 22, 2018

Before Baby

(Written Thursday, February 23rd during what turned out to be predominal labor)

I've been trying to stay busy, partially to be productive and accomplish things before having three kids to work around, and partially to keep me preoccupied from just sitting around waiting on this baby.
Leading up to the actual “waiting” time period I made a few freezer meals; 6-8 meals of Salisbury Steak, a couple containers of mashed potatoes, several meals worth of Chicken Parmesan, a ton of Miner’s Griddle Cakes for quick easy breakfasts, some BBQ Chicken and some Taco Chicken, and some muffins and cookies. We’ve already started using my meals because at 40 weeks pregnant, home alone with a 1 and 2 year old I’m pretty worn out by dinner time.

I had a couple of projects I wanted to do before I have three children to split my time between. I made a traditional BengKung wrap to use for postpartum healing. I had been working for awhile on a canvas growth chart which I finally buckled down on and finished (that will get its own blog post shortly, I hope..). I needed to make out 2017 Family Photobook.. which I still need to make but I’ve gotten started and made it to May so.. there’s something. I’ve picked out baby announcement cards for when this one does arrive (we’ve only sent them to grandparents, I really do it for myself because I think they’re so cute and want to keep one in my children’s keepsakes). I had a few gifts for friends and family to purchase or make.

I also had some general household work to do; closets to organize, kids clothes to switch out, some declhttering and deeper cleaning to do.

I also had a couple away from home things I hoped to do pre-baby. We went to the Children’s Museum of Terre Haute with the girls one Saturday, I’ve visited the chiropractor regularly, and some Goodwill shopping trips before the hassle of a baby to carry around, well, the hassle of carrying it in my arms ;)

I’ve eaten lots of pineapples and dates in hopes that would prepare my cervix for labor.. I’ve been drinking two cups of pregnancy tea and two cups of red raspberry leaf tea a day. I’ve become reliably regular with my iron, alfalfa, prenatal, vitamins E, C, and fish oil taking, thanks in great part to my girls who have gummy vitamins that the always remember need taking.

Thanks again to my sister-in-law Suzannah for walking three miles with me along with a walking video most weeks, I hope I have endurance for labor and delivery.

I have everything done I intended to get done, so, now we wait..
~Haley






1 comment:

  1. It is funny reading this, because, I can relate so closely in many, many ways. :)
    I know I have a lot more freedom right now, 9 months pregnant, than I will once the baby is born. I have cooked and frozen a few things, not whole meals, but components to meals. I made and froze some split pea soup, cornbread muffins, corn and flour tortillas. I even froze a few little corn cakes for me to have with the chocolate gravy Mommy said she will bring when she comes to see the baby. :)
    I have wanted to finish sewing several items to list on Etsy before the baby comes, as well as, some clothes mending. The Etsy items are finished now, but I still need to take pictures and list them. Speaking of pictures, I ordered a bunch of prints-another thing I wanted to do before baby comes. I also, am working on a blog post I, would really like to finish before I have the baby. And, of course, there is the need to have the house clean all the time, just in case I go into labor.
    I am interested to hear more about that wrap. Looking forward to a post on that! ;)

    ReplyDelete