Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Window Screens

This is the third summer we’ve lived in our little home ( side excitement, we paid it off in April so “Eeep” its actually ours!) and in all the time up until now we’ve not been able to use the windows because they’re old fashioned, odd sized windows, and didn’t come with window screens. Custom made screens aren’t really affordable and I don’t like bugs enough to just open them so summers here are hot.. well early this spring I was thinking about what to do and struck up a plan.

After spending $8 on cheesecloth, a couple dollars on masking tape and thumb tacks and a couple hours pulverizing my finger tips pushing thumbtacks into hard hard wood I had what some might call ghetto, and they’d probably be right, but I’m calling it historic, and I’m also right, window screens!
Link to historical reference:
http://exhibits.hsl.virginia.edu/insects/cloth/





2 comments:

  1. Wow! They did turn out very nice! I like your ingenuity. I love the flowers on your window sill, too! :) I enjoyed reading the historical information on screens before wire mesh. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I thought you especially might enjoy this historical information ;)

      Delete