Monday, January 13, 2020

Estel Hiram Smith

Our baby has arrived. He took his precious time growing, not deciding to exit until 42 weeks.
Estel Hiram Smith
Saturday, January 11th, 2020 - 3:33PM
8 pounds, 14 ounces
21 1/2 inches long
14 1/4 inch head circumference

Here are some new born pictures and a story for some relevancy on the last one.
The OREO story:
My great grandpa, Pawpaw, was named Estel and I’ve always loved his name and had it on my running baby name list. Wesley loves all ‘E’ names so we settled on Estel as our boy name awhile ago.
Rewind some 20 years ago to my visits at Pawpaw’s house. When he knew we’d be coming he always had a stash of Oreo cookies, creme filled waffers, and Tang for us. He’d set us up on his counter and let us look through the cabinets until we found the bounty.
During this pregnancy I bought a package of double stuffed Oreos and the moment I took a bite I was transferred back to Pawpaw’s house. I didn’t remember his being double stuffed, but I’ve eaten a lot of Oreo cookies in the time since Pawpaw has been gone and now and never been transported back in time like that. I called my mom and asked if Pawpaw always had double stuffed and she said yes, double stuffed were what he’d have for us. So when we picked Estel, and the double stuffed Oreos reminded me of Pawpaw, I decided I needed a picture to connect his name and memory. 😊




1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your memories of Pawpaw. Reading it took me back to her kitchen, too. :)

    ReplyDelete