Thursday, October 5, 2017

He's Got The Whole World In His Hands

Some days you live, you love, you easily see God's handiwork around you. 
Some days you survive. 
But on those days, if you take a little extra time, bow a little lower in seek of help, raise your hands a little higher in worship of Him and not your own accomplishments, you will find that surviving is just as beautiful as all of the other days because God is still good. 

I survived today. A lot of it was in part to two beautiful and seemingly insignificant things. 
These beautiful yellow flowers. 
Last weekend Wesley came Home from the gym and having grabbed a few groceries for me with these. I'm not sure what he was going through but when he gave them to me he said "I was irritated and I knew picking something out for you would make me feel better." So I'm not sure if he was irritated at me, or something else all together, but, he chose loving me to improve himself. I've looked at those flowers multiple times everyday this week and thought of him, and especially today. I looked at them, I sniffed them, I was reminded of Wesley's love and more deeply, of Christ's. And that lovely bright yellow has brought the song "Sunshine In My Soul Today" to mind every time I've looked upon them. Truly I do have sunshine in my soul. Even today. 

The second thing that kept helping me through the day was this WeeSing Bible songbook filled with songs built on the simple pure faith of a child. 
Singing them forces me to go back, to remember who God is and how amazing my life is under His care. 

So, today, from the basic, topical glance back at my day, everything went wrong. 
Éowyn drug me out of bed by 7.
My brilliant "easy" breakfast took nearly three times the time I thought it would take. 
I didn't have any butter to make the cookies I'd planned. 
The girls spilt bubble solution multiple times as I tried to be a good "fun" mom. 
My afternoon plans shifted when my friend wasn't able to come visit as we'd planned. 
My phone spontaneously crashed and died.. again. 
Éowyn got into the cookie jar and crumbled and smeared chocolate chip cookies all over her and the counter top. 
Some keys on my piano refuse to play. 
BUT 
Now that the disasters have subsided and I take time to truly reflect, today was good, today was beautiful. 
My mom brought me butter immediately when I called to ask if she had any extra. 
The bubble solution cleaned up and the girls had a lot of fun. 
My house is unusually clean and organized since I had the hope of a visitor..
My phone came back alive. 
We enjoyed lots of cookies. 
I walked 3 miles to the walking video since Jerusha chose that as entertainment. 
Jerusha constantly came and gave me hugs telling me to "be happy mommy, you happy?" when she saw tears in my eyes. 
We sang through the WeeSing Bible Song book as I searched for help. 
I was forced to my knees, forced to try for the sake of my girls, forced to find help where it is to be found. 
I remembered who He is and worshiped when all around me my day was crumbling. 

And He, my God, my Savior, showed me that today was beautiful and today was planned by Him. 
So I hope if you've had a bad day, one that you've just barely survived, that you might find some encouragement here to go back, to remember, it's a wonderful life. 
Love and blessings, Haley

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed this today, Haley. Being sick in bed with some sort of flu, I decided to catch up on your blog. Not only I'd being sick miserable, but I was also feeling like a wimp and a horribe wife as my husband has fixed the past two meals, his own lunch, and will probably be doing dinner tonight. But, yes, God is still good and has it all on control - it's all a good reminder that I need His help every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww.. I'm sorry to hear you're sick.. and find it sort of funny but nicely informative that you clarified it being the flu ;P
      Yes, every day is truly a good day. 💗

      Delete